I am an artist.
I wonder what actress would portray me in the movie of my life.
I hear music everywhere and all the time.
I see the world in terms of composition, lighting, and hue.
I want to travel the world and experience many cultures.
I am an artist.
I pretend I have a British accent in public.
I feel the importance of every eighth note in Handel’s Messiah.
I touch the wet paint on the canvas.
I worry that I will not appreciate nature while it still exists.
I cry when I can’t play my dad’s old guitar.
I am an artist.
I understand the words of Shakespeare.
I say very little.
I dream of the soft yet vibrant sunset on the horizon of a serine ocean near the village of Cambria.
I try to imagine myself as a famous author, but then again
I hope to direct an award winning motion picture.
I am an artist.
Jocelyn Larsen
No comments:
Post a Comment