Saturday, October 25th started out with a nervous stomach and thoughts of ACT and taking Rambo (Jared...here's some pictures from the photoshoot I did of him so you know what I am
talking about!) to the dance later. I drove in the dark to my friend Suzie's house while the sun slowly rose and illuminated the road towards Dixie College. We sleepily made our way to the doors to find a mass of teenage dirtbags frantically searching for their name on one of the many lists that told us the room we would be testing in. Me and Suz pushed our way to the front and found our names on separate lists. Dang. We made our way to the building...wait we forgot what building we were going to...we made our way back to the lists and again pushed our way through to find the name of the building we were supposed to go to. We found it and headed over to the building sheepishly while
the bell tolled 8:00 AM. We found our rooms and got all settled in. Then my instructor came in and it turns out I totally knew him. He worked at Staheli Catering with me after his mission and he was really awesome to work with. We always went to meals together and he was so nerdy it made me laugh a lot. So he hands out the tests and stuff after saying hi and we got to testin' (well after we waited 15 minutes for stragglers to filter in). Then came the longest 4 hours of my life! After the test me and Suzie were walking to my car when we heard the weirdest part of a conversation you will ever hear. This creepy guy was like "Where you want to go. Where you want to take her." Me and Suzie were trying so hard to keep the laughter inside til we gained some distance between us and the weird guy. Haha it was so random! After thatI dropped Suzie off at the Bean Scene and then I rushed to Michaels to get me and Jared some shirts for the paint fight that was to later happen during the day date. The line was really long and the only lady at the cashier kept saying "Sarah to cash register, please." Then she got desperate and started saying "Anyone? Help!" Haha we were laughing but in a hurry so we were agreeing with her. After I purchased the shirts, which came to a total of about 5 dollars, I ran out to my car and then drove to Maverick to gas up. Then I texted Jared and told him that I might be a little late because of the ACT going forever. We were supposed to meet at 1:00 and it was already 12:20! I drove home really fast and mom was like "Get in the shower! Feel good about yourself!" Haha so I did and then I called Jared to see where he lived trying my hardest not to get lost.
talking about!) to the dance later. I drove in the dark to my friend Suzie's house while the sun slowly rose and illuminated the road towards Dixie College. We sleepily made our way to the doors to find a mass of teenage dirtbags frantically searching for their name on one of the many lists that told us the room we would be testing in. Me and Suz pushed our way to the front and found our names on separate lists. Dang. We made our way to the building...wait we forgot what building we were going to...we made our way back to the lists and again pushed our way through to find the name of the building we were supposed to go to. We found it and headed over to the building sheepishly while
the bell tolled 8:00 AM. We found our rooms and got all settled in. Then my instructor came in and it turns out I totally knew him. He worked at Staheli Catering with me after his mission and he was really awesome to work with. We always went to meals together and he was so nerdy it made me laugh a lot. So he hands out the tests and stuff after saying hi and we got to testin' (well after we waited 15 minutes for stragglers to filter in). Then came the longest 4 hours of my life! After the test me and Suzie were walking to my car when we heard the weirdest part of a conversation you will ever hear. This creepy guy was like "Where you want to go. Where you want to take her." Me and Suzie were trying so hard to keep the laughter inside til we gained some distance between us and the weird guy. Haha it was so random! After thatI dropped Suzie off at the Bean Scene and then I rushed to Michaels to get me and Jared some shirts for the paint fight that was to later happen during the day date. The line was really long and the only lady at the cashier kept saying "Sarah to cash register, please." Then she got desperate and started saying "Anyone? Help!" Haha we were laughing but in a hurry so we were agreeing with her. After I purchased the shirts, which came to a total of about 5 dollars, I ran out to my car and then drove to Maverick to gas up. Then I texted Jared and told him that I might be a little late because of the ACT going forever. We were supposed to meet at 1:00 and it was already 12:20! I drove home really fast and mom was like "Get in the shower! Feel good about yourself!" Haha so I did and then I called Jared to see where he lived trying my hardest not to get lost.I finally found his house and me and the hunk drove to Harmons to pick up some pumpkins so we could carve them at the day date. We then found our way to Alana's house and waited for an hour 'til everyone arrived and talked about shooting bunnies. I said "There are just too many of them." Haha the boys liked that. Everyone finally got there and we began carving our pumpkins which turned into a slimy, seedy fight. It was great! My date was crasy! Plus he and his friend that was there are on the football team and they weren't tossing it! They were full out chucking it. When that got old we went inside and ate some sandwiches and hot wings. Jared ate sooooo much. It was making everyone laugh. We then got on our shirts and white bandana's and headed for the river to paint each other! We got down there and waited for Jared because some paint spilled and he was cleaning it up...ya he's that kind of guy. Anyways he came down and we got started with the fight. The first thing I remember was a huge slap on the back and feeling all wet with paint. I looked behind me and Villiami (the other football player) was like "Opps that was a
lot." haha then the games began! People were grabbin' paint bottles and squirting them into the mass of girls and Jared kept trying to smear a bunch of paint all over my face but he finally gave up and just put his huge hand prints on my stomach. I grabbed some pink paint and evened the score! After we had our fill of fun and the paint was finally gone we headed up to the house and took pictures (which I need to get) with our forgotten pumpkins. We then made a plan to drop off our dates, get ready, and then meet at the school for pictures. Beings that we were covered in wet paint I searched in the trunk for something to sit on. Bingo! I had some old Staheli Catering aprons. Haha I knew they were in there for a reason. We set those down and I dropped him off at his house (after he got out I noticed he got purple paint on my seat. Oh well) and quickly drove home to get ready so I wouldn't be late.
I scrubbed and scrubbed to get the paint off my skin and I think I still have paint in my hair! I got out of the shower to find that it was 20 minutes to 7. Ya we were supposed to meet at the school at 7!!! I began rushing to get ready and then he called and said that his dad said he would let him drive his truck so he wondered if he could drive...ya I was cool with that! haha So I rushed out the door and ripped my way through the backroads of good ole Washington Fields and pulled up to his house. He was getting the truck ready when his dog jumped in and he was like "Rocky! Bad dog! Get out." hahaha He even named his dog Rocky! I made a comment about how cool that was and then he went to go get his paint shirt because we were supposed to wear them and I forgot to tell him. Opps! He came back and I remembered I needed my wallet to pay for things and the Sadies tickets were in there so I really didn't want to forget that!!! Then we headed off to the school and got our sweaters. We made our way to the picture takin' place and waited outside. He motioned me to sit by him then a second later he patted my leg then his and said "That makes me happy" Haha I guess my legs are little and it made his look big and muscular. I said "I'm glad I make you feel manly." Then it was time to take the pictures. The Sadies theme was Hollywood so in the pictures there was a directors chair. Jared told me to sit there and then he put his elbow on the arm rest and did the whole model pose while I just sat there. Haha then later he was explaining to this other kid that it was all his big strategy. He said "I put the cute one in the middle and then I was just off to the side." AWE! haha The other kid was agreeing with him which made me feel really good about myself. Haha jk. Then I reminded him that he was Rocky and I don't know how it gets any better than that so...He replied with his ideas for the next photo shoot. He wants me to dress him up like Rambo and Rocky and make him look legit so he can send his pictures to Stallone and get money from him for being his long lost son. haha he is crazy. We were setting up for the group pictures when a bunch of the football players came in and they were all saying hi to him and Villi. I felt so awkward because I know them all and they totally watched us take the pictures and I had my arm on Jared's shoulder. Ugh. I hate when people watch!
Anyways, then we went to get some pizza which was making me sick because I was freakin' out
being around all these people so I didn't eat anything. We all sat in a circle with our arms tied together so I was like a puppet. Haha
After that we headed to the dance and got our grooves on! We all got fake married and he was all shy and giddy. Haha We got cool keychains. It got really hot so we took off our sweaters and put them in the corner. Jared came back with this 'revealing' tank-top shirt which made him look way ripped. Haha All the guys were like "Jared! You would wear that!" He left his paint shirt in the truck and he didn't want to go get it. He is funny. Then came a slow song...yikes! The whole song he was smelling my shirt because it smelled like paint way bad. haha He kept pickin' me up and would spin in circles. :) He was really fun. Then a hard core rap song came on and he started dancin' all krunk to my seminary teachers son (it's his friend). It was kinda scary! He was way good at it! He would keep laughing and then start up again. After the song ended he looked at all the people looking at him and said "You guys don't know me. I don't go to your school." We were laughin so hard! Then Wham's Jitterbug came on so I was dancin' all 80's and he was just looking at me like I was crazy. We all got our sweaters and headed outside to leave but we had to wait for 2 couples who were still going strong so we just listened to the music. The song I'm Yours by Jason Mraz came on and we both ran inside and started singing it in the door way. He kept looking at me and smiling. I don't know what the heck he was thinking. It kinda confused me a little. We went back in and he put his huge arms around me and we swayed to the music. He was so cute. And there were no wandering hands...mom, you will get that one. Haha
Then we went back to Alana's house and Jared and Villi turned her couch around so it was facing the huge windows and we all sat and looked at the awesome view of STG. People started leaving and the others went outside so we went out there too. Soon after everyone left and we sat on the swinging seat. It was really cold so he was keepin' me warm. *wink wink* haha Then we decided to call it a night and we drove back to his house. He wanted to walk me to my car so I let him :) and we hugged and said goodnight and he stopped and looked at me for a second. I hurried and turned to get in my car to avoid any awkward moments and said bye. I drove home and felt relieved that it was over and went so well. That was really fun!!!
1 comment:
Wow Joce, he is a cutie.
I think he alika you and you alika him. I still think of you as 8 years old, no dating until you are 30! haha! Nice photos, I can't wait to see him dressed up like Rambo! Trace loves that guy. (army and stuff)
see ya soon, Cherie
Post a Comment